Berea Train Station - S Scale
Built in 1876, the Berea Depot was considered a "union" station because it served both the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern (LS&MS) and Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway (Big 4), both of which became key elements of the New York Central System. It was built from local sandstone, which at the time was the world's largest sandstone quarry. Passenger train service ended in 1954 and the structure was vacant for an extended time. It was renovated in 1981 and the now functions as a fine restaurant. The grounds are a popular railfan spot.
Our model consists of a 1 piece structure for the walls, doors windows and roof for ease of assembly. The tower top and canopy parts are separate items.
Model photos are of a completed HO scale kit. This is an unassembled kit with parts fabricated with 3D printing. Parts included are: roof, walls, windows, doors, canopy roof and floor, columns and finials. Adhesive, paint, signs, figures, window "glass" and other scenery are not included.
Historical photo #1: On display at the Berea Union Depot, it looks like one of the earliest photos available. The finials, chimney and wrought iron work on the tower are all intact.
Historical photo #2, 3 & 4: From the collection of the Berea Historical Society. The picture with Mohawk 2945 looks like a cold November day.
Historical photo #5, 6 & 7: Courtesy of the New York Central System Historical Society.